Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Current Status

Well it has been quite some time since I last wrote and many things have happened. Chiefly, I have had significant headaches and when we checked the the spot in my head, it had changed. I went to see a neurosurgeon about it. The spot is very close to the third ventricle which is where your spinal fluid goes and so he hoped to be able to get a clue about what it is by taking some. He took a LOT of CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) in a spinal tap and ran lots of tests on it unfortunately with no results. On one hand, it's good that there aren't cancer cells or infection indicators running around in my spinal column since that would be very bad, but on the other hand, there isn't anything at all so I'm no closer to what it might be. I have another MRI scheduled for later in October. Hopefully that will give some indication about what to do next. It's in a very difficult spot to reach (although he has apparently operated there before) and so we decided not to go in and take a piece of it unless there is a good reason for it. So we will see what happens. In the mean time, I have to deal with the headaches which are pretty consistent. I have started having a headache sometimes over my left ear which is pretty intense at times and pretty extraordinary. I didn't realize until I got that headache that I never had a headache in another place than pretty much the front of my head. Anyway, I'll try to keep things posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Proposition 8 take existing rights away from same-sex couples?

No. All the rights gay couples have in current civil unions will still be in force.

What is Prop 8? Check out www.whatisprop8.com for Articles, Research, and Viewpoints